Bergen Design Festival
– 10 days of design beyond inspiration
Bergen Design Festival 2018
14 – 23 September
Bergen Design Festival is an annual gathering celebrating the great workings of design and showcases creatives from the region across fields and diciplines.
Troughout the festival a range of events are taking place all across Bergen – Design Mornings, exhibitions, workshops, seminars and social gatherings.
The festival features internationally renowned speakers from the design world, and celebrates the many qualities of design; as useful, innovative, beautiful and a driver of change towards a more inclusive and sustainable society.
- Stefan Sagmeister (Sagmeister & Walsh)
- Boyan Slat (The Ocean Cleanup)
- Mikko Annala (Demos Helsinki)
- Yanki Lee (Enable Foundation)
- Cesar Harada (MakerBay)
- Deborah Dawton, Design Business Association
- Eero Koivisto, Claesson Koivisto Rune
- Dr. Patricia Moore (“The Mother of Empathy”)
- Richard Seymour (Seymourpowell)
- Michael Pawlyn (Exploration)
- Scott Burnham (Reprogramming the City)
- Gunnhild Stordalen (EAT Foundation)
- Ravi Naidoo (Interactive Africa/Design Indaba)
- John Thackara
- Aja Guldhammer (Airbnb)
- Anna Glansén, Tomorrow Machine
- Lorna Ross (Mayo Clinic)
- Jessica Z. Kessin (Capital One)
- Andreas Engesvik
Hosted annually since 2010
Showcasing the best of regional and Norwegian design
Featuring internationally renowned speakers from across the field
Design mornings throughout the festival
Open Design Studios across Bergen
Pop-up shop featuring local design
In the center of Bergen, on the west coast of Norway
Bergen Design Festival collaborates with De Bergenske to provide a comfortable stay for all of our guests. Book your stay at www.debergenske.no and use the offer code FESTIVAL for a 20 per cent dicsount.
Bergen Design Festival works to promote design as a driver for user-centered, sustainable innovation.
The festival is a meeting place for everyone interested in design, innovation and social entrepreneurship – or as we like to say: anyone with a professional relationship to forwardmindedness.