Bergen Design Festival
– 10 days of design beyond inspiration
Save the dates for 2018:
14 – 23 September / Add to calendar →
Bergen Design Festival is an annual gathering which celebrates the great workings of design and showcases creatives from the region across fields and diciplines. Troughout the festival a range of events are taking place all across Bergen – Design Mornings, exhibitions, workshops, Bergen Design Conference seminars and more.
One of the hightlights of the week is Bergen Design Conference, in 2018 taking place on Thursday 20 September. Featuring internationally renowned speakers from the design world, the conference celebrates – and increases people’s awareness of – the many qualities of design; as useful, innovative, beautiful and a driver of change towards a more inclusive and sustainable society.
Bergen Design Festival 2017: Dare to experiment
22 September – 1 October 2017
It is a well-known fact that experimentation and involving users as early as possible is vital for success – so why are so many companies afraid of doing it? Bergen Design Festival 2017 explored the theme Dare to experiment with internationally renowned speakers from across the design field to share their knowledge and experience.
Guests at Bergen Design Festival 2017 met:
- Mikko Annala – Head of Governance Innovation of Finnish think tank Demos Helsinki
- Yanki Lee – social designer, activist and founder of Enable Foundation
- Cesar Harada – founder of MakerBay and inventor of the shape-shifting robot Protei
- Anne Beate Hovind – artist, strategic adviser and project manager
- Scott Burnham – director and creator of Reprogramming the City
- and many more fascinating and inspiring people!
Have a look at the full programme here.
Speakers from earlier years include:
- Stefan Sagmeister (Sagmeister & Walsh)
- Dr. Patricia Moore (“The Mother of Empathy”)
- Richard Seymour (Seymourpowell)
- Michael Pawlyn (Exploration)
- Boyan Slat (The Ocean Cleanup)
- Gunnhild Stordalen (EAT Foundation)
- Ravi Naidoo (Interactive Africa)
- John Thackara
- Aja Guldhammer (Airbnb)
- Tomorrow Machine
- Lorna Ross (Mayo Clinic)
- Jessica Z. Kessin (Capital One)
- Uffe Elbæk
- Björn Myreze (Myreze)
- Andreas Engesvik
Key dates for 2018
- 14 – 23 September
- 14 September: Official opening
- 20 September: Bergen Design Conference
- 21–23 September: Design- og interiørmessen
Bergen Design Festival
- Hosted annually since 2010
- Showcasing the best of regional and Norwegian design
- Bergen Design Conference with international speakers
- Design mornings taking place throughout the festival
- Open Design Studios all across the city
- Pop-up shop featuring local design
- Mouth-watering regional food
- In the center of Bergen, on the west coast of Norway
Bergen Design Festival works to promote design as a driver for user-centered, sustainable innovation. The festival is a meeting place for anyone interested in design – or as we like to say: anyone with a professional relationship to forwardmindedness.